Monday 8 July 2013

Who needs a spa? Superdrug Face Masks Review Part 2

Hey lovelies! I'm so so sorry for disappearing for a couple of weeks :( had resit exams to do so I was busy working away...

But fear not! I'm back for summer with part 2 of my reviews of the Superdrug face masks.

Last time I reviewed Sugar and Spice Self-Heating Mask (click here to read the review). This time its the Dead Sea Purifying Clay Mask!


"Kick start the day with this Superdrug Dead Sea Purifying Clay Mask - the perfect solution for oily and blemish prone skin. With an uplifting fragrance of cool Eucalyptus and zesty Lemon. It will revive and refresh your skin. With Witch Hazel and Willow Bark Extract to deeply cleanse pores and Dead Sea Minerals to help draw out dirt and impurities, it will leave skin looking clearer and more radiant."
Read the review here...
I have to say before I even start the review that this is my absolute fave, and I've now tried 6 different ones. I'm quite blemish prone and whilst unfortunately my problem is more hormonal than bacterial I still relish the chance to try anything that may help at least a bit. I saw this and thought I'd give it a go and boy was I happy with the results!

This mask contains lemon and witch hazel which are known for their natural anti-bacterial properties, ideal for oily skin and blemishes, whilst the Dead Sea minerals (renowned for their skin loving properties) promises a deep clean for clear pores and a bright complection. The combination of the lemon and eucalyptus smelt delightful and fresh which is always nice when you have to have it smothered all over your face! 


To apply just coat it over a dry, cleansed face, avoiding the eyes and lips, and leave on for 10-15 minutes (though I tend to leave it on a bit longer for a really deep clean). I have to admit it did sting a bit initially, I think because after cleansing my skin is always very raw and sensitive and the lemon and witch hazel irritated it slightly, however this calmed down very quickly. After application you'll likely have a fair amount left in the sachet. You can either top up what's on your face already or just through it away but unfortunately you won't be able to reuse it on another occasion.

As the mask dries it hardens making it quite difficult to talk, smile, eat or do anything really, but its worth it for the results! It's quite worth taking the time to just relax and let yourself feel truly pampered. After your time is up, just rinse off with warm water (it takes a while...), pat your face dry, slather on your favourite moisturiser and voila!

What I loved about this mask over all the others is just how refreshed, bright, and clear my skin looked afterwards. My blackheads were almost entirely gone and my pores tightened. After a few uses my spots have cleared up very well (with the exception of the inescapable menstrual breakout *sigh*) and my skin feels revitalised!

Pros: smells lovely, lots in the sachet, easy to apply, fantastic results.

Cons: slight stinging initially (but it wears off quickly).

Rating:




Part 3 of my reviews will be coming shortly! Any questions or comments leave in the comment section below :)


3 comments:

  1. I have acne in my skin n some rashes :(
    Can i use this mask

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie,

    So sorry it's taken me so long to reply! I'm on hiaitus from this blog at the mo.
    To answer your question I would say test a patch on your skin to see how it copes with it. I have mild acne and eczema and I found this mask to be fine but I can't speak for others!
    Hope that helps :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    ยาแต้มสิว

    ReplyDelete