Saturday 27 July 2013

Try all the nails!

As I mentioned in my update earlier today, while I've been absent from this blog I've still been playing around with my nails quite a lot (especially when exam revision was getting too much...). Unfortunately I didn't get around to taking high quality photos of them, however as I'm a bit of an instagram addict I have plenty of photos on my phone of which to show you! So here's a little run down of what I've been up to :)

1. Pastel Gradient

 Featured: Limecrime 'Parfait Day', Rimmel Lycra Pro 
'Peppermint', and Models Own 'Mermaid Tears'


As most of the ombré looks I had created prior to this had been using fairly dark colours, I decided the good weather we were experiencing at the time deserved something brighter. I used Limecrime's 'Parfait Day' and Rimmel's Lycra Pro in 'Peppermint' to create a sweet pastel gradient. About a day later I saw the new Models Own Splash collection in Boots and fell in love with the lilac coloured 'Mermaid Tears'. I thought it might look cool on top of what I was wearing already. Alas I was very disappointed by how it turned out. The glitter pieces in Mermaid Tears are too big and just don't go on well enough to warrant the time spent messing around with them. I was heavily disappointed in it and I will be reviewing it at a later date.

2. Glitter Gradient

Featured: Love & Beauty 'Dark Purple', and W.I.P 'Midnight'

I fancied plain nails for a change and decided to go with my old faithful, purple. I used a shade bought at Forever 21 in Los Angeles a couple of years ago - Love & Beauty 'Dark Purple'. Once I'd finished the final coat I felt like there was something missing. Routing around my nail polish collection for inspiration, I found a glitter polish I'd gotten for Christmas (W.I.P by Urban Outfitters in 'Midnight'). With its lovely shades of blue and purple I thought it would be perfect for this! I'd never tried glitter gradients before and I'm glad I started with this. The picture really doesn't do it justice!

3. Grunge Gradient

Featured: Rimmel Lycra Pro 'Ultraviolet', and Barry M 'Raspberry'

The eagle-eyed of you out there will notice that this isn't my hand... It is in fact my mum's hand! She wanted me to try out something different on her (as she usually sticks to plain pinks and neutral colours). I showed her my various ombré styles and she got quite excited about them! She left the rest up to me so I thought I'd create a bit of a grungy yet feminine look with a lilac and raspberry shades. I really liked this colour combo and even better my mum LOVED it and got loads of compliments! I plan to recreate this in the future, perhaps under a tribal pattern or something :)

4. Nyan Cat

Featured: Seriously you want me to list all these?! 

For my friend's 23rd birthday we had a meme themed surprise party. As I'm annoying and colourful I felt that Nyan Cat would be appropriate for me! As a last minute addition to my costume I decided to do some nyan cat inspired nails. As I didn't have time to do anything too crazy I decided to use the sky pattern, with a rainbow gradient for a feature nail. I really enjoyed this style so instead of going through it now, I plan to recreate it later this summer with a tutorial for your viewing pleasure!

5. Girly Glitter Gradient

Featured: Essie 'Muchi Muchi', and Barry M 'Diamond Glitter'

Following on from my earlier glitter experiment, and considering I was about to start my elective, I decided to go for a subtle, chic, and feminine look. Using one of my favourite shades, Essie's 'Muchi Muchi' and a recently purchased glitter coat, Barry M's 'Diamond Glitter', I made this delightful little gradient! Again this look is something I want to recreate again so look out for this later this summer :D

6. Vintage Roses

No picture? Well that's because this is my latest love and I will be doing a proper entry for this within the next 24 hours... watch this space ;)

Are there any looks you want me to try? Any tutorials you want to see me do? Please let me know by leaving a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment