Tuesday 14 May 2013

Lippy Review - Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in 'Crush'

Welcome to number 2 of my series on purple shades! I was going to to MAC's 'Hang Up' as promised in my review of Limecrime's 'Poisonberry' but I got a bit too excited about today's product.... so here it is! Its quite a mouthful but today I will be reviewing...

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in 'Crush'


Revlon is one of those brands that I have complete trust in. I genuinely don't think I've ever been dissatisfied with their products, and this lippy is no exception. 

The trouble with a lot of bold-coloured lipsticks and stains is that they can be incredibly drying on the lips. I always add a balm over the top anyway but this Lipbalm Stain just makes life a lot easier having bold, moist, and lasting colour all in one application!

Now normally I would show you pictures my shiny new lippy, but I've been using this for about 2 months already and on a very regular basis so it's now looking well-loved. However you can still get an idea in the pictures I did take.



As you can see from the pictures, Crush is a lovely purple/red deep berry shade with pink undertones. It has a slight hint of shimmer which gives it a beautiful 3D appearance when applied. One coat gives a more subtle, natural-looking colour for an everyday casual look. Add a couple more coats and the colour becomes richer and deeper. Let's see what it's like on!


Top: without flash (unfortunately not great lighting)
Bottom: with flash


Ok so I probably shouldn't have included these pictures... they're not great because unlike the other shots I used my iPhone camera instead of my dslr, and they don't really show the true colour. This was with about 2 coats on so the berry colour (which is more true to the image of it against my skin) was more vivid. The bottom image with the flash actually shows the colour that gets left behind on your lips once the balm has worn off so you get lasting colour for house afterwards. This is a really flattering shade that can be easily dressed up or down and compliments pretty much any outfit.

Now for the quality. I AM IN LOVE! It's moist, long-lasting, goes on smoothly, makes your lips look lustrous and nourished, has a delightful shimmer to it, and is all-round wonderful. It has a mild minty flavour/scent to it which I love though I'm not sure if its intentional or not. It's easy to apply and reapply for a consistant look. I strongly encourage everyone to invest in these lipbalm stains, no matter what shade you fancy. They should be a staple of every girl's cosmetics bag.

The packaging is simple and pretty though not particularly exciting. However I do like how it looks like a big crayon when you take the lid off! Unfortunately the Revlon logo and all the info rubbed off pretty quickly but to be fair that's hardly important :P

Now for the nitty gritty...

This isn't the cheapest lipwear out there but it's Revlon so you know you're paying for quality. UK buyers can get it for £7.99 from Boots or Superdrugs and US can get it from Target for just $7.49.

I can't stress enough how much I love and recommend this product so check it out ASAP!!

Rating:



Next time I'll be reviewing MAC's 'Hang Up' :)




No comments:

Post a Comment