Saturday 20 April 2013

Lippy Review - Lip Smacker 'Disney Princess Collection'


Well I found these in Claire's yesterday and, well, before I knew I was typing in my pin number.... seriously it's like I was in a trance O_o

But anyway whilst I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with 8 lip balms at least it gives me something to show you guys! So behold... here's my review of Lip Smacker's 'Disney Princess' collection!



So like Chapstick and Lypsyl, Lip Smacker is one of the big lip balm brands on the scene, but unlike its competitors, Lip Smacker has made its name by the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE variety. From Dr Pepper to Girl Scouts Cookie flavours (seriously) Lip Smacker covers it all. They even have a checklist if you really REALLY wanna collect em all... 

For me the Disney Princess collection was a no brainer. Wide range of flavours and colours, a hint of sparkle, and ITS DISNEY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! Let's open her up then!


8 shades, 8 reviews... Let's start from the very beginning (it's a very good place to start)



Rapunzel - Magical Glow Berry
This one's a bit of a grower for me. I found the smell to be rather sickly and I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but after putting it on I must admit it's rather tasty! Very sweet but with a fruity tang to it which makes it a little stronger than the others, it tastes somewhat like watermelon flavoured Bubbalicious bubblegum! 



Aurora - Spin Sugar Shine
This smells lovely but tastes a bit funny, almost a little plastic. I guess the closest flavour I could liken it to is cheap bubblegum (you know like the stuff you get at the bottom of a Screwball ice cream). 


Belle - Tea Party Treats
My favourite princess, my favourite kind of treats. Belle was always going to be the winner for me. The flavour is like a sweet vanilla cupcake or a rich Victoria sponge. 


Tiana - Fresh Kiwi Pie
My least favourite by far I find the taste overbearing, artificial and very very sickly. Just horrible. Tastes like Kiwi alright, just after its already been digested... Tiana is such a sassy and strong woman, she deserves a better flavour!


Ariel - Calypso Berry
I LOVE this one. Its fruity but light and lovely and sweet, like a slightly tangy berry smoothie. Omnomnomnomnom.


Cinderella - Vanilla Sparkle
Funnily enough it tastes like vanilla! Not really much more to say about that...


Jasmine - Berry Magic
I think this is possibly my favourite after Belle. Similar to Ariel its got a tangy berry taste but with more of a citrus and apple hint to it. It smells and tastes divine ^_^


Snow White - Cherry Kiss
You can't get a good classic down, this is a standard cherry balm that's just lovely but not particularly distinguishable from other cherry balm's out there.


Overall
Whilst as you can see from the pictures the different flavours are different colours, this makes no difference to how they look on your lips. They sit well and add a nice hint of shimmer to the natural colour of your lips, which would be nice on top of a matte lippy to add moisture and shine.
In terms of quality I found these balms to be a little greasy in texture which was moisturising but a bit uncomfortable compared to my staple Cherry Chapstick. For me that loses them brownie points as I hate that feeling. However the flavours and the shimmer make up for what the greasiness loses. 
There is no SPF factor so if you need balm where SPF is necessary I'd suggest perhaps switching to something more protective. Otherwise they're an incredibly cute addition to any girl's make-up bag, especially if you're a Disney fan like I am!



Now for the nitty gritty...
Now I'm sure nobody needs 8 lip balms in one go but there is method in this multi-pack madness. Whereas one balm costs £3, the full pack of 8 costs only £7! That's just over the price of 2 and you get 4 times that! Bargains like that don't come by every day so I'd advice you to go for it if you're interested in any of them. You won't need to buy lip balm again for a long LONG time.

You want them then? Well if you live in the UK head on down to your nearest Claire's, and if you have an NUS Extra card you can get 10% off!

US buyers can buy directly from the Lip Smacker website for $9.95.


Rating:

Anyone out there tried these? What do you think of them? Leave your comments below!







1 comment:

  1. i love belle too! she is just too cool! hey, i'm new to blogspot, so i'd really appreciate it it you had a look at my channel? thanks x

    ReplyDelete